If you are facing an issue like "a copy has been placed in your outbox. the recipient was rejected by the server", that means you have to Enable SMTP Authentication on iOS
To send e-mail through our servers, you must ensure that SMTP authentication is enabled. To check and enable this on iOS devices, please follow these steps;
- Tap on Settings from your main iOS/Home screen
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar button
- Tap on YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT
- Tap on the ACCOUNT line
- Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server and tap on the SMTP line
- Tap on the Outgoing Mail Server under the Primary Server section
- Ensure that the Server is set to ON
- Change Authentication to Password
- Ensure that the User Name and Password fields are correctly set to the username and password of your mailbox.
- If "Use SSL" is set to On then ensure Server Port is set to 587. Otherwise, ensure the port is set to 25 or 26.
- Click DONE at your top right hand corner.